Thursday, April 2, 2009

Design: rings, circles & petals

This is one of my favorite designs. There is something I love about the circles shifting between being interlocking rings and four-petaled flowers. I'm love noticing different interpretations of this idea.

The double wedding ring quilt pattern...

Photo by CaliforniaAmy
An antique ring from my hubby...

An improvised block...

Quilting on my show quilt...


And the graphic design on Amy's banner. When I first saw it, I was heartbroken that it wasn't my blog banner! (Aside: If you don't know Amy, you really should. For many reasons above and beyond her lovely banner!)

How about you? What designs and patterns do you love?

4 comments:

JN Designs said...

Wow! Very impressive. I think if I tried quilting it would end up in a wadded up ball! You are so very talented though.

Amy said...

You're very sweet. Thank you. I love the circles as well (obviously). What a spectacular ring you've got there. Very quilt-like. Someone knows you very well.

Unknown said...

I love the double wedding ring too - someday :) Your ring is very pretty.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

The hexagon flower garden has always been my warm fuzzy quilt pattern. I am trying to make one but it may take me years to finish it... it's already been a few! But usually, my own style is simple, squares. clean. with a twist of vintage.. Oh! that's a hard one to answer briefly!