Sunday, April 12, 2009

New Sewing and Crafting Project: A Doll

Without a little girl at my house, I never thought I'd make a doll, until I saw this adorable one and the ones that inspired it. Then a baby shower for a girl this past weekend made me decide a doll was definitely in order.

Here's the sketch of my own variation (although, as I look back at Molly's, maybe it wasn't much of a "variation"! And if I'd had a fabric doily, you bet I would've used that too.)...


The end result...


I'm already sketching out what I'll change the next round, but I think this one turned out cute enough...even with her slightly odd body-to-head proportions! (Lesson 1: Stuffing changes the dimensions of a softy!)

Have you ever made toys or have a favorite hand made toy of your own?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

She's really sweet! Did she like it? I've made a few little things . . . not much really

Alexis said...

So cute! I've been wanting to make a doll for ages--you'll be my inspiration to get going!

Jessica said...

It turned out great!!!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Very very cute! way to try something new! gotta love that! yep, we make them all the time. I use B's drawings... ;-)
we're still a big germ house over here... with big "nuffy" noses...

Jen said...

How sweet! What a fun project, I should try it.