Monday, July 21, 2008

Brought to you by the color orange....

To combat the sticky, hot, muggy, miserable New York summer, I decided to make Orange Juliuses this week! Remember those???


It was one of the things I learned to make in 7th grade Home Ec (you know, so I would be prepared to healthily feed a family of four on sugary, frothy drinks) and for a whole year I really thought I was the cat's meow because I could make an Orange Julius at home. And make them I did.....week after week after week. Then forgot ALL about them until this summer.

Luckily, the recipe (which I thought I would NEVER forget I made them so much that year), was in the very middle-America American Fork Relief Society cook-book my aunt gave me when I got married. Here it is in case you want some of this frozen delight and have forgotten the recipe (along with exactly how to rat your bangs to soaring heights like you did in 7th grade):

1 6 oz. can of frozen OJ concentrate
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
Ice cubes to make 4 cups

Blend the heck out of it. Oh my they are good!

Speaking of fabulous orange foods.......


Squeaky cheese. Yes, squeaky! So delightfully squeaky! I had forgotten just how squeaky it is until last weekend when Hermanacita and I went to the cheese factory in the little town where we both went to college .

Oh so yummy! Oh so delightfully squeaky... chew, squeak! chew, squeak! It kept making me giggle.

Anyone else eat cheese curds? Something else you loved to eat or make as a kid? Do you love it now?

Chew, squeak, slurp! Stay cool!

No comments: