Saturday, June 21, 2008

Favorite New T-shirt


I made this! Or more accurately, I re-purposed this! Inspired by Christina and her fun etsy shop, I started thinking about what I could do with this t-shirt in my closet that is just the right color and fabric, but had a crew neckline that never looked right on me. I always thought I should wear it, but when I put it on it screamed into the mirror (and my ear) "BORING" and "BLAND" and never, "Wow! You look cute, girl!" So back in the closet it went almost every time.

After playing around, this is what I came up with! Now, every time it comes out of the wash I want to wear it again. I love it! It is soft in texture and color, now with a flattering neckline and fun buttons. (The buttons are the reverse side of mother of pearl. This way you see the brown texture of the outside of the shell rather than just the shiny inside. What a fun discovery!)

ps. I don't think the buttons are actually uneven as they look here, but maybe I better double check! Even so, I LOVE wearing it, which is what matters most. And I got a "brand new" shirt for FREE, which matters second most! :)

No comments: