Thursday, June 12, 2008

Learning how to hand-quilt

This past weekend, this quilt idea popped in my head quite suddenly as a completely finished project. That doesn't happen to me very often! I usually get an idea and then tinker with it a little at a time until it all comes together....(or sometimes doesn't). I guess with a simple pattern like this (kind of Rothko like), it isn't hard to visualize it all at once. When I discovered I had colors in my stash that perfectly matched what I had in my head, I decided to make it. I started it Wednesday morning and by about 12:30 I had it all ready to (basted and everything!) to take to the hand-quilting class at City Quilter.
Here's the little bit of quilting I finshed in class. I love doing this for some reason and am going crazy that I left this project in NYC while I came to visit family in the West. I just keep thinking about hand quilting!!! I am excited to keep working on this. The quilting pattern will be all flowers and swirling spirals....yeah, my favorite! We'll see how it goes. :)

2 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh it's beautiful. Love the strong colors and simplicity. your hand quilting looks great too!

Clare said...

It's so plain and simple its beautiful.