Sunday, September 14, 2008

Finished Object! Kajsia's Pinwheels

Yes it is true! This is a quilt I finished just this weekend for a girl-friend who is having a baby this month. It was definitely a "learning" project for me...blocks leftover from the first quilt top I even made & and an attempt to do free-motion quilting on my old sewing machine (the same machine pictured here). Whew, was that an adventure!!! I'll tell you, I was certainly laughing at myself and the resulting quilting while making it.

(The whole quilt...a bit out of focus! About 40x40, I think.)

Although the quilting is completely irregular in every way, I still think it turned out pretty cute. It will keep her little one warm or give her a little play space on the ground, wacky/learner's permit quilting or not.

(Some of the "good" quilting....no pics of the toe-catching stitches! =-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is beautiful. Just beautiful. I wish I could curl up under it right now. Lucky Kajsia!

A mom of many said...

I say it is a beautiful quilt as well!

carolyn said...

What a great learning project!! Lucky little girl. If this is your beginning your future project will just get better and better.

Andrea - Under a Blue Moon said...

That turned out great! Hmmm - I'm going to have to employ the blurry photo idea so people can't see how my points never ever line up properly....

Andrea said...

Looks like I am busted! Hmmmm...must be a very astute crafter! (Bet it comes with the name!)