Today is my hubbie's birthday! In honor of his big day, I am going to share 10, nope 11, favorite random facts about him, all things that I love, even those that I wonder about...like no. 7!
- He has subtle, but utterly adorable dimples and crazy curling eyebrow hairs.
- He was once a white-water river guide. Talking about it on our first date resurrected teenage fantasies about running away with (rowing away with?) a river guide and solidified my serious interest in him.
- When he really laughs, he sometimes busts out a little "Ernie laugh"..."kehehehehe".
- He out "movie-trivias" me (which isn't hard to do) but he does it even on MY favorite movies. (p.s. Don't challenge him and his siblings to a movie trivia contest. Unless of course, you like to lose. Badly!)
- He's a Spanish-speaking Scot. Every now and then I am lucky enough to get him to whisper sweet nothings to me in Spanish. (note: I never ask for sweet nothings using Scottish vernacular as they might include references to haggis.)
- Oh he makes me laugh! laugh! laugh!
- Shoe tying is absolutely optional for short excursions.
- He listens and listens and listens.....and listens some more.
- He is ticklish, but don't you dare tell him I told you as he really doesn't like it. Bummer!
- He can cook and iron and clean!!! Thank you Momma Mac! He took care of so many of those things while I was in school. Lucky, lucky girl!
- He had hair longer than mine when we first met and I LOVED it. Funny thing is, now I think he just looks smashing with short hair and can't imagine him as a "long haired freaking people", as he used to describe himself.
p.s. If you don't know the Ernie laugh...here's a little sample...enjoy!
p.p.s. I think I just figured out one possible explanation for the shoelace thing...perhaps he is avoiding the grave dangers of having shoelaces tied too well when you must engage in a game of chicken on a tractor! He is so smart! I knew there was a reason I loved him more than punch dancing Ren McCormick/Kevin Bacon! Wahoo!