- it was filmed less than an hour from where I grew up (so I saw the iconic roller mills where Ren McCormick worked whenever we drove south to visit family) and in my young mind it made this movie mine, personal, close to home
- leg-warmers (need I say more?)
- the "teaching Willard how to dance" scenes rock
- the way the short order cook and waitress and everybody else boogies to the beat at the drive in because they are just SO rock and roll deprived
- tractor chicken fights anyone?
- the "time to dance"speech in front of the city council (see pic above!)
- teenage rebellion fighting against the staid small town patriarchy (but in a "just wanna cut-loose" kinda way of course)
- Diane Wiest as the wise and subtle preacher's wife & Sarah Jessica Parker back when she was a just the cute sidekick
- Kevin Bacon dancing out his anger...with dance moves that make me think "Flashdance" and scream 80's, but I still love!
- and last but not least, the phrase "Jump back!"
Monday, September 22, 2008
I decided to watch this last night for a bit while I was quilting because I thought I could watch a snippet before we went to a friend's for dinner and then just put it back on the shelf. Both the hubster and I ended up getting hooked and must watch the ending tonight. This is where we stopped it last night. Tell me you know this movie....please...